Monday, September 26, 2011

Seven days to go!

I've got one week before Aaron and I go to Europe! am I excited? OH YEAH!!!, I have this feeling that we both need to get away for a bit, it's been a crazy 2 years of lots and lots of work and it's exciting to just go and relax and hike and just open our eyes to the world, very much needed.
I also decided I want to have a little art journal to take with me, I don't want to be carrying loads of art supplies(mainly cause I want to buy them all haha). My goal is to paint while I'm on vacation as well as for the future, just painting whenever I'm out, document whats around me...in a way just teaching me to slow down and look at whats around me, take in the beauty of the world...especially now since we are all so consumed with are cell phones and computers.
Here's what I'm bringing!
Not a lot, but that's how I'd like to keep it, I can only imagine what art supplies I can get there...even though I can get them here it's just nice to know that I got these paints in Austria or Italy...you get the picture:).
So here is what I have, a sea sponge...for cleaning brushes and adding effects to my work(yeah double duty!)
I got a travel Cotman case...no need for the professional paints here...and just in case I'm in the airport and they want to throw this away...you never know these days:). My micron pen, a mechanical pencil and eraser and a water brush. A super tiny bag and journal...not a watercolour journal but it does the trick:).

Now since I was talking about sketchbooks I just received a new one recently:) Made by Dragons Den, they are now making leather works with my artwork on them! I will have more designs coming out in the New year and they will have a website coming out soon!!!
Based off my painting "Dragons Hoard" I love it! can't wait to fill it up with some new sketches as well:).

Here's a sketch I've been working on recently.
I'll probably start painting here when I get back from my trip as well as some other sketches!.
Alright I'm off to pack:)

1 comment:

  1. Omg I am sooo excited and happy for you! It's a wonderful idea to keep an art journal. Enjoy yourself and don't forget to take a TON of pics of everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...